MediaTek announces new Dimensity 920 and Dimensity 810 chipsets
MediaTek today announced the news Dimension 920 and Dimension 810 chipsets, the latest additions to its Dimensity 5G family. This launch gives smartphone makers the opportunity to deliver improved performance, brilliant imagery, and smarter screens to their customers.
Designed for powerful 5G smartphones, the Dimension 920 balances performance, power and cost to deliver an amazing mobile experience. Built using the 6 nm high-performance manufacturing node, it supports smart displays and 4K HDR video capture, while delivering a 9% increase in gaming performance over its predecessor, the Dimensity 900.
the Dimension 810 is built using the 6 nm high performance manufacturing node. It provides Arm Cortex-A76 processor speeds up to 2.4 GHz, high-end camera features including artistic color AI in collaboration with Arcsoft, and advanced noise reduction techniques for stunning low-angle photographs. light.
“With the extended Dimensity series of chipsets, MediaTek provides device manufacturers and smartphone users with the latest innovations at more affordable prices for the mainstream market,” said Dr. JC Hsu, vice president and general manager of MediaTek’s wireless communications business unit. “By providing improved performance, display intelligence and image brightness, these new Dimensity chipsets will improve the user experience and bring advanced 5G features and capabilities to 5G smartphones. “
The main features of the Dimensity 920 include:
- MediaTek smart adaptive displays: Adjusts the display refresh rate based on the game or UI action detected, increasing it during periods of intense action to improve the user experience, then decreasing it to improve energy efficiency.
- 4K Hardware video capture engine: Incorporates a flagship-class HDR native image signal processor (ISP) and incorporates unique hardware acceleration 4K HDR video recording engine supporting up to four simultaneous cameras and sensors up to 108MP.
- Improved performance: With Arm Cortex-A78 processors in the octa-core processor that can reach clock speeds of 2.5GHz, along with the latest LPDDR5 memory and UFS 3.1 storage, the Dimensity 920 maximizes performance.
- Advanced connectivity: Supports 5G dual SIM, dual VoNR, carrier aggregation up to 2CC, MediaTek 5G UltraSave energy efficiency suite and 5G SA / NSA networking, 2 × 2 MIMO Wi connectivity -Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2 and multi-GNSS.
- Fluid play: Supports MediaTek HyperEngine 3.0 with simultaneity of 5G calls and data, as well as connection enhancements for high speed train and “Super Hotspot” technology.
The main features of the Dimensity 810 include:
- Faster performance: Arm Cortex-A76 processors now support up to 2.4 GHz in its octa-core processor.
- Faster displays: 5G consumer smartphones can now benefit from 120 Hz screens for an ultra-smooth user experience.
- Amazing cameras: Supports advanced noise reduction techniques (MFNR and MCTF) for excellent low-light capture and supports cameras up to 64 MP.
- High-end AI camera features: Enables stunning camera experiences like AI-Bokeh and Artistic AI-Color in collaboration with Arcsoft.
- Fluid play: Supports MediaTek’s HyperEngine 2.0 gaming technologies with intelligent resource management engine and advanced networking engine.
by MediaTek 5G dimension series brings to smartphones an unmatched combination of connectivity, multimedia, AI and imaging innovations in global markets with the Dimensity 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 and 1200 families. With support for each generation of cellular connectivity, the new Dimensity 5G chips deliver the latest connectivity features including 5G autonomous (SA) and non-autonomous (NSA) architectures, 5G two-carrier (2CC) aggregation including FDD + mixed mode TDD, Dynamic Spectrum Sharing Technology Support (DSS), True Dual SIM 5G (5G SA + 5G SA) and Voice over New Radio (VoNR).
The new MediaTek Dimensity 920 and Dimensity 810 will power 5G smartphones that are expected to hit the global market in the third quarter of 2021. For full specifications and more details, please visit: https://i.mediatek.com/mediatek-5g