Blake Shelton has just unveiled the tracklist for the Deluxe Edition of his album Body language, which will be released on December 3 and includes some exciting collaborations. The expanded project will include four new tracks, including “Fire Up the Night” – with rising star Hardy – and “Throw It on Back”, with Brooks and Dunn.
This is the first time Shelton has recorded a song with either artist, although Hardy has been credited as a co-writer on the Body language track “Now I don’t.” Hardy is listed in the writing credits for “Fire Up the Night” as well as the album’s fiery single, “Come Back as a Country Boy”.
According to its title, “Come Back as a Country Boy” finds the Oklahoma native extolling the virtues of rural life: “When I die I want to come back as a country boy / No there is no better life if you ask me / If my neck don’t turn red then Lord just keep me dead / ‘Cause a country boy is all I know how to beShelton sings in the chorus.
Shelton is currently working hard to train his team on The voice, which airs Monday and Tuesday evenings on NBC.
Blake Shelton Body language Deluxe Edition Track List:
1. “Come back as a country boy” (Michael Hardy, Josh Thompson, Jordan Schmidt)
2. “Fire Up the Night” (feat. Hardy) (Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt, Brian Kelley, Bart Butler)
3. “Minimum wage” (Nicolle Galyon, Jesse Frasure, Corey Crowder)
4. “Body Language” (feat. The Swon Brothers) (Colton Swon, Zach Swon, Matt McGinn, Ryan Beaver)
5. “Happy Anywhere” (feat. Gwen Stefani) (Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne, Matt Jenkins)
6. “Now I don’t” (Jessi Alexander, Alysa Vanderheym, Michael Hardy)
7. “Monday Mornin ‘Missin’ You” (Jessi Alexander, Deric Ruttan, Josh Thompson)
8. “Corn” (Craig Wiseman, Matt Dragstrem, Chris Tompkins, Rodney Clawon)
9. “Makin ‘It Up As You Go” (Brad Tursi, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
10. “Whatcha Doin ‘Tomorrow” (Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman, Casey Beathard)
11. “The girl can’t help it” (Ben Hayslip, Josh Osborne, Mark Holman)
12. “The Flow” (Shane McAnally, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne)
13. “Neon Time” (Jaron Boyer, Michael Tyler, Ben West)
14. “Bible Verses” (Joe Fox, Andrew Peebles, Brett Sheroky)
15. “Throw It on Back” (feat. Brooks & Dunn) (Bobby Pinson, Ben Hayslip, Rhett Akins)
16. “We can reach for the stars” (Blake Shelton, Craig Wiseman)
Best Blake Shelton Songs: His Biggest Hits + His Best Deep Cuts
Below are the The voice 50 best songs from the trainer. Lyrical integrity and production were also taken into account in this ranking. It’s really hard to argue against any of the top 5, but we understand if there is a debate over placement. Damn, we encourage it!